Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?

Goodreads

Throne of Glass is a book of which, I think, everyone has heard. The book community loves it, and for good reason!It can be difficult to pick up a book this hyped but for Throne of Glass it is definitely worth it.

The main character, Celaena Sardothien, is clever, funny, and bad-ass. Yet she also shows fear, anger, and doubt making her character as interesting as the synopsis. And it's not just Celaena who's intriguing. The crown prince Dorian Havilliard, the captain of the guard Chaol Westfall, and the foreign princess Nehemia Ytger are not only immensely intriguing on their own but also in their relation to Celaena. I can't wait to see how the friendship between Celaena and Nahemia develops further.

The world is also wonderful. The ban of magic, the disappearances of the fea and other creatures, the in-between worlds. I want to learn more about Erilea.

The story is told 3rd person from different point of views, mostly from Celaena's. I normally don't like the switching of POV that much, but this was really well done. It's also how the depth of the other characters is shown.

All in all, I highly recommend this. (That is, if you like fantasy!)